Are you an ideal candidate for corneal refractive surgery?
- 18 years of age, with a stable refraction for the past 6 months
- Have healthy eyes that are free from any eye diseases or corneal abnormalities
- You should be able to lie down straight
- You should be able to look at the fixation light without moving
- Willing to sign the informed consent prior to the procedure.
- Good general physical health
- Not allergic to anesthetic eye drops
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR LASIK SURGERY
- If you have any connective tissue diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis), Auto immune (eg SLE) and immunodeficiency diseases.
- If you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you show signs of Keratoconus or any other condition that causes a thinning of the cornea.
In the above mentioned instances, it is recommended that you avoid corneal refractive surgery as the risk involved is greater than the benefit.
If you use contact lenses, please discontinue their use for at least 2 weeks prior to test and surgery.
If you fulfill the above criteria and are interested in undergoing refractive surgery your doctor will perform an in-depth pre-procedural examination to evaluate the overall health of your eyes and determine your suitability for the procedure.